We hope that your find the following TIPS to be helpful in your preparation for the August Exams:
Nevertheless, the following are crucial pieces of advice that should not be overlooked:
1. As much as possible, block off all other activities during the week before the CFA exam (work and personal). You cannot afford any distractions.
2. During the final week, your highest priority should be to revisit previously flagged questions from the mocks and CFA curriculum questions. The goal is to reinforce what you already know, rather than to pursue something new.
3. Schedule your study time in the final week to bracket the timing of your CFA Exam. This will ensure that you will be in peak condition (physically and mentally) during the hours of the CFA Exam.
4. Before the Exam, you should warm up by doing a quiz. The quiz should neither be timed nor graded. Its purpose is to calibrate your mind into exam mode (i.e. flip the ‘on’ switch).
5. Never spend too much time on any one question. If a question gives you a hard time:
a) Guess it,
b) Flag it, and
c) Move on.
You can come back to the flagged questions once you have completed the entire exam. Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from what you can do.
6. In between the two sessions, take a ½ hour break in order to get some nutrition in you. Adrenaline will only take you so far; you will need fuel to make it the rest of the way.
7. Do not let your performance in the first session (good or bad) influence your game in the second. Write the second session as if it’s the only exam for the day.
8. Finally, never give up: If you’re having a hard time, so is your competition. Passing or failing is going to come down to just a few points!